ELFCO BOARD ELECTIONS 2018: Ballot & Candidate Statements
2018 Candidate Statements
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING YOUR BALLOT CAN BE FOUND AT THE TOP OF THE BALLOT. Owner/member balloting starts Thursday, April 12 and ends at 3:00 pm on April 29 at the 2018 ELFCO Annual Meeting.
CONTACT <email@example.com> if:
1) you aren't sure what your owner number is (you'll need it to vote)
2) you need to update your email address
Thanks for participating!
The Board of Directors consists of up to nine members elected by ELFCO's owners. Elections are held annually for three-year terms. Look for information on upcoming elections in the spring of each year. Occasionally, a seat becomes vacant between elections; the sitting Board of Directors may fill the vacant seat upon a motion passed to approve the appointment of a qualified owner who has submitted a self-nomination form.
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in Board meetings. While subject to change, meetings are typically held monthly and last about 2 hours.
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in the annual retreat and additional Board meetings as needed.
- Participate actively in, or lead, at least one ELFCO committee.
- Respond within 48 hours to ELFCO Board email and/or voice mail messages.
- Attend the annual April ELFCO member/owner meeting (four hours on a weekend afternoon).
- Board members should also plan on being available to attend any Board training/development sessions that might be scheduled.
Who is eligible to run for a seat on the Board?
- A voting ELFCO owner is eligible for Board membership provided the person is at least eighteen years of age, neither the person nor her/his spouse/partner has an interest in a wholesale or distributorship licensed business for the sale of alcoholic liquor in Michigan, and neither the owner nor his/her partner/spouse holds law enforcement powers within the jurisdiction of the city or township where we establish a new storefront.