Everyone is welcome! Your shopping dollars directly support a local, community-owned venture and, in turn, numerous other local businesses whose products we offer. Those who purchase a share and become owners enjoy numerous options for involvement and saving money. We look forward to your visit!
HOW YOU CAN BE AN ELFCO ADVOCATE!
ELFCO is commUNITY-powered! Select one or more of the following ways you can be an ELFCO Advocate. We are stronger together!
- Tell your friends about ELFCO—and your family, and your neighbors too! Talk about your co-op at work, at a neighborhood event, or just with a friend over coffee. Better yet, bring them in the next time you’re out and about together. Our location can be a little tricky to find, so showing people where we’re located is a big help! Assure them they do not have to be an owner to shop here!
- You can also share your love of ELFCO by:
- participating in our 4 for 40 Advocate Challenge!
- sharing a story about your experience on social media
- liking and sharing our posts on Facebook
- following us on Twitter and Instagram
- pinning us on Pinterest
- writing an opinion piece for a local newspaper
- writing reviews on social media or customer review sites (such as Yelp)
- wearing an ELFCO t-shirt when you’re out and about in the Lansing area
- explaining why it is mutually beneficial to support co-ops. For help with this, go to www.strongertogether.coop/food-coops/food-co-op-impact-study
- Shop often—Make ELFCO a regular part of your routine. We’re open from 9am-9pm Monday through Saturday, and 10am-8pm on Sunday. Every dollar counts during this critical time, so if each of us commits to spending just a few extra dollars at the co-op it will make a huge difference. Take full advantage of your owner benefits: the 5% daily discount, monthly 10% discount, great sales, and special order opportunities.
- Stop here first—Begin your shopping day at the co-op before heading to the “big box” stores. That way you can shop our great Co+op Deals ad, see what’s new, and get some inspiration for your menu planning. You can find the Co-op Deals sales flyer at www.elfco.coop if you want to plan ahead. We even carry insulated bags to keep things cool while you do your other shopping. Need help with getting your groceries to the car? We’ll gladly help when you’re ready, just ask!
- Add one more thing to the list of items you normally purchase at ELFCO. It might seem like a tiny thing to start buying your shampoo, bananas, toilet paper, or ice cream here, but if everyone made this small commitment, it would make a big difference. Try something new! Ask us about our favorite local products, snacks, etc. or place a special order!
- Take the Owner Survey! We need your feedback and value your insights. Please take a moment now and help us determine the best path forward for the store. Survey available here: http://goo.gl/forms/Gryt7VyghP.
- Give your feedback in person! Come to our Board meetings and give ideas that will help shape the store now, and in the future! The Board meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 7pm (see our event calendar for locations: http://elfco.coop/wp). Can’t make it to the meeting but have ideas or feedback you would like to get to our Board members? They can be reached at Board@elfco.coop.
- Partner your organization or business with ELFCO: Do you have an event you'd like us to add to our community calendar? Would you like us to speak to your group about eating in a healthy, holistic, and environmentally sustainable way? Contact our Outreach Coordinator, Shiloh Daum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep up with the latest ELFCO news in a variety of ways:
- (If you are an owner) see your 5/10/16 email for a message from your Board of Directors describing the co-op's current financial situation.
- Make sure we have your latest contact info. If you didn't receive the 5/10/16 email, contact Natalie at email@example.com
- Sign up for the ELFCO Weekly Update at the bottom of this page.
- Look through our website where you can find loads of info about the co-op.
- Community Connections-- If you would like to volunteer to help keep ELFCO afloat by doing outreach, please contact Shiloh, our Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for your continued support and efforts!
We can save our co-op if we work in CO-OPeration and commUNITY!
(Adapted from our friends at Greentree Co-op. Check them out while you're in Mt. Pleasant!)
The East Lansing Food Co-op Turns 40!
Thank you to all that came out on February 27 to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Greater Lansing area’s only community-owned natural and organic grocery store.
Your support is greatly appreciated!
Also, thanks to our local media for their coverage of ELFCO's 40th Anniversary!
Lansing City Pulse: http://lansingcitypulse.com/print-article-12805-permanent.html
Lansing State Journal: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2016/02/27/east-lansing-food-co-op-celebrates-40th/81000350/
Next Board Meeting on May 1st, 2016 7-9pm at the Allen Neighborhood Center 1611 E Kalamazoo St., Lansing MI 48912
ELFCO: CRYSTAL AWARD WINNER!
The City of East Lansing presented ELFCO with a Crystal Award at its 2016 ceremony on April 21. The award acknowledges the co-op’s many contributions to the community, from providing delicious, nutritious food to supporting dozens of local growers and suppliers to operating its store in a sustainable, environmentally friendly way. See ELFCO’s bio at the city’s web site: http://www.cityofeastlansing.com/1749/10938/2016-Recipient-Bios
Also a thank you to the Meridian Township Environmental Commission for awarding ELFCO a 2016 Environmental Stewardship Award!
New 5% Owner Discount every time you shop! Begins Saturday, February 27 and runs until December 31, 2016.
Your 10% Monthly Owner Appreciation Discount is also still in effect! Receive 10% off your total purchase once a month on the day of your choosing. (Not stackable with other discounts.)
STUDENT SUNDAYS! Show any valid student I.D. and receive 10% off your entire purchase each Sunday!
Co-op Deals Flyer:
Visit the Stronger Together website for recipes, food news, co-op issues, and more!